Creating a logo for your landscape company is one of the most important things you can do to build a lasting brand and grow your business. Whether you’re just starting out, or you have a landscape company that has been around for decades, your logo is a critical part of your company’s identity and it’s important that it showcases your business in the best possible way. After all, a good logo has the power to attract and retain new customers while an ugly logo can easily turn people off.
In the garden and landscape business, you’re selling a service. Homeowners and local businesses hire you to help improve the curb appeal of their homes and establishments. So your logo needs to not only represent your company, but keep in mind that your landscape company logo will also reflect the qualities of the people who hire you and choose to work with you. To that end, you need to have a good understanding of your target market before you start the design process. Are you going to be an accessible and affordable option for homeowners who need some help or are you going to cater to a high-end clientele. How you answer that question will directly impact the design of your company logo.
Logo Color Ideas For Your Landscape Company
On the surface, when you first think about logo colors for a landscape company, your first thought is probably, “Ok, let’s make it green!” And the thing is that green really does work very well for this industry. Not only does it tie in perfectly with the idea of nature and lawncare, but it also evokes a feeling of growth and health. That being said, there are a lot of other colors in the color spectrum, so here are some other ideas for great colors in a landscape logo to get you going:
- Green is the go-to color for landscape company logos. When in doubt, green will almost always work.
- Try incorporating multiple shades of green to add depth.
- Don’t shy away from bright sunny colors like orange and yellow – they’ll help give your logo an upbeat, accessible feel
- For a high-end, streamlined look plain black and white works great even for landscape companies
- Use several shades of the same color, which gives a rich, lustrous appearance
- Try pairing various shades of green with brown or a deep red for a rich, natural feel
- Using blue to help accent your company name or different parts of your logo will help evoke the feel of a strong, loyal landscape company
Logo Image Ideas for Your Landscape Company
One of the great things about creating a logo for a landscape company is that you have an almost endless supply of images that all work extremely well. There are so many images that tie directly to your industry that the hardest part will probably be honing in on just the right image. Also, keep in mind that logo images carry a lot of brand personality so even if you choose a tree to represent your company, make sure the design of that tree reflects your landscape company.
- Let nature be your guide. Trees, leaves, grass and flowers all make wonderful logo images
- If you focus on residential landscaping, help drive that point across by including a home with trees or a yard in your logo
- Don’t be afraid to go with an abstract design if your landscape company is a little more youthful and modern. A simple circle or swoosh can work very well for the right company.
- Most landscape companies are local and showcase your local pride by pulling in a local monument, your state outline or anything else that helps tie your homebase to your logo
- For an understated look, you can always go with a simple monogram or your company name. This works particularly well for more traditional and high-end landscape logos.
Font Ideas for Landscape Logos
Out of everything, the font you choose for your logo will convey the personality of your landscape company more than almost anything. There is no right or wrong way to choose a font either – it’s something that you will likely have to play around with until you find the right fit. That being said, there are definitely some font types that work better than others for landscape logos. Here are a few tips and ideas:
- The majority of landscape companies will want to be perceived as hard-working and stable. A strong serif font similar to Times New Roman can help get that feeling across
- Stay away from casual handwriting fonts – they will make it more difficult for people to take your lawn and landscape services seriously
- Incorporating a sans-serif font similar to Arial into your landscape logo can help give your brand a high-energy, efficient feel
- A formal script font can work for landscape companies who focus on very high-end clientele, but will be far too formal and exclusive-looking for most companies
Creating a captivating and effective landscape logo can take some time and require some creative things. Thankfully, there is cost effective logo creation software where you can simply create you logo using one of the thousands of logo templates, select your color scheme, add your business name, and start doing business the next day. Sure, we’d all like to spend hundreds, even thousands of dollars having someone else create our logo but the truth is, starting a business means saving a few buck in the beginning so why not start with a cost effective logo creation tool where you can have your business up and running in a day?